Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hoggies at Hasting Street, Noosa

A message from a seasoned HOGGER:


Its back!!! Rather than re-hash the old Hogs Breath Cafe Blog, I've done a new HOG BLOG which will feature me and my lovely partner Sammy.

I think she wins the "hottest wife' award and she's not even my wife, yet :)

So if you've not been to Hogs Breath before, this is how it works. Their slogan states "the best a steak can get" and this is due to both the cut of meat [prime rib] and the slow cooking process [18 hours!!!]

You get the choice of traditional cut [pictured above], lite cut or the BOSS HOG cut [33% thicker than the traditional]. I generally go the traditional as the steak is large enough for me.

Because these steaks are cooked for 18 hours and are thick, DO NOT ask for it to be well done. To do so is just plain wrong. If you like your meat "burnt to a crisp", then order a standard steak and don't waste one of these. The Prime Rib steaks come best severed as "medium rare" which is quite pink in the centre. Again, the steak is cooked even if appears not to be and will be succulent and juicy.

My steak is called "El Grande" and is the Prime Rib topped with a creamy cheese sauce, spicy salsa and jalapeno peppers - YUM!!! with a side of Curly Fries and veggies.

Other choices of sides you can have include baked or mashed potato and garden salad.

One very happy Hogger :)

Mark

Back To The Top
Back To CAVX

No comments:

Post a Comment